CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
THEME – INTRODUCING VALUE IN CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Characteristics of Value in Cultural and Creative Art I – Values Needed in Arts and Creative Works (Primary 4)
TOPIC: CHARACTERISTICS OF VALUE IN CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
Why Values are Needed in Cultural and Creative Arts
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
give reasons why these values are needed.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
pictures and diagrams showing creative hard working, honest individuals and their achievements.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – MELROSE CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS BOOK 4
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
WHY VALUES ARE NEEDED IN CREATIVE WORK
Arts and crafts are useful tools for preserving the culture, arts and way of life of a society.
It is also used to inform other societies about the culture practiced in a particular society.
Values are needed to –
1. help sustain the practice of arts and crafts in order to bring economic gains.
2. preserve the art culture.
3. inform the society about the culture practiced in a particular society.
4. inculcate cultural practices.
5. develop an acceptable behaviour.
6. document, preserve and promote the cultural practice of the society.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson – Values Needed in Arts and Creative Works. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. States some values needed in creative work.
Pupil’s Activities – State some values needed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
give two reasons for inculcating values.