THEME – AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Importance of Agriculture (Primary 1)
TOPIC – COMMON CROP PLANTS AROUND US
1. Introductory Activities
2. Common Crop Plants in the School Compound
3. Common Crop Plants at Home
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. identify and state common crop plants in the school’s compound.
2. identify and state common crop plants at home.
The pupils can identify some of the common crops.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing agricultural crops.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
COMMON CROPS AROUND US
6. Vegetables, etc.
LESSON 2 – MEANING OF CROPS
Crops are plants grown to provide food, fuel, clothing, and more.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays sample of some common crops or chart showing different common crops.
3. Lets pupils identify the name of each of the common crops.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the name of each of the common crops.
4. Asks pupils to say the local name of some of the common crops.
Pupil’s Activities – Say the local name of some of the common crops.
5. Explain the meaning of crops.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the explanation and explain.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. mention 5 crop plants in the school’s compound.
2. mention 5 crop plants at home.