Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF ICT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Common ICT Devices III – Digital Wrist Watch (Primary 1)
TOPIC – COMMON ICT DEVICES
Description of GSM Phone
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
describe common IT devices – GSM Phone
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Display Different Mobile Phones
Teacher’s Activities – Asks pupils to compare and describe the physical characteristics of GSM Phone. Note the point on the board.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays real objects or pictures of common ICT devices – GSM Phone.
Pupil’s Activities – Touch and identify common ICT devices – GSM Phone.
3. Describes common ICT devices – GSM Phone.
Pupil’s Activities – Describe a GSM phone.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
list 4 physical characteristics of GSM phone.