THEME – CONCEPT OF PRINT
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Notes for English Studies (Primary 3)
TOPIC – READING OTHER MATERIALS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
correctly recognise reading materials e.g. newspapers, journals, magazine, reference books, ICT, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Selected reading materials.
2. Course book.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
CONCEPTS OF PRINT
Recognition of reading materials –
4. reference books
5. ICT, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Provides samples of reading materials e.g. newspapers, journals, magazines, reference books, ICT.
3. Leads pupils to identify the materials.
4. Explain their special features.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe reading materials and explain their special features.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to list and explain some features of some reading materials.