The desktop is the graphic display or working space on the computer screen.
CONTENT OF THE DESKTOP
The window’s desktop are –
They are all by default.
Quick launch toolbar
LESSON TWO – FUNCTIONS OF EACH CONTENT ON THE DESKTOP
The TASKBAR is located at the bottom of the screen.
FUNCTIONS OF TASKBAR
The start button
It allows you to locate and launch programs different programs on start menu.
It allows view any program that is currently open.
It allows you check the date and time, items running in the background such as notifications, Internet connection status, and the current volume level.
It allows to access to the Quick Launch.
Desktop Icons are small pictures that represent files, folders, programs, and other items. When you first start Windows, you’ll see at least one icon on your desktop – my computer, my document, control panel and recycling bin, etc.
FUNCTIONS OF DESKTOP ICONS
1. The Recycle Bin stores recently deleted items. These items can be restored if not deleted permanently.
2. My document allows users save, retrieve and share your files to and from.
3. My computer gives access to the local and external drives.
4. Control panel allows users to view and change system settings.
5. More folders can be created on the desktop with different names or titles.
6. Desktop provides shortcut to files and programs.
LESSON THREE – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance observations or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify different contents on the desktop;
Pupil’s Activities – Identify different contents on the desktop.
3. Demonstrates the functions of each content of the desktop in the computer;
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate the functions of each content of the desktop.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Next lesson –
1. Identify the desktop icons and taskbar of the desktop.
2. List 3 content each in desktop icons and taskbar.
3. Explain the functions of each icons on the desktop.
Welcome! We believe teachers inspire our future. CRN (ClassRoomNotes) is a website FOR TEACHERS BY TEACHERS, and we aim to continuously inform and encourage teaching! All materials are subject to TERMLY review. Eko Quizzes Now available at ekoquiz.com.