Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Useful and Quick Links for Second Term Plan Lesson Notes All Subjects Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6
TOPIC: DESKTOP AND WALLPAPER
1. Meaning of Desktop
2. Meaning of Wallpaper
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Define a desktop.
2. Identify a desktop.
3. Recognize a wallpaper.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
functional computer system.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
MEANING OF DESKTOP
The desktop is the graphic display or working space on the computer screen.
The graphic display on computer screen includes – the wallpaper, icons, task bar and start button.
Wallpaper is the background image or picture shown on the computer screen.
LESSON TWO – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explain the meaning of desktop;
Pupil’s Activities – define desktop.
3. Guides pupils to identify the desktop in computer;
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the desktop.
4. Explain the meaning of wallpaper;
Pupil’s Activities – Explain the term – wallpaper.
5. Guides pupils to identify, recognize and differentiate between the desktop and wallpaper;
Pupil’s Activities – Identify, recognize and differentiate between the desktop and wallpaper.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. What is a desktop?
2. List 4 functions of the desktop.
3. What is the different between desktop and wallpaper?