Last Updated on November 9, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HEALTHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – GROOMING AND CARE OF THE BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Types of Cosmetic
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify local and modern cosmetics.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Sample of local and modern cosmetic.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays different types of cosmetics for the pupils to identify and differentiate between the two types of cosmetics.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and differentiate between traditional and modern cosmetics.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF COSMETICS
1. Traditional Cosmetics
- Shea butter – Ori (Yoruba)
- Palm Kernel oil – Adin dudu (Yoruba), Alaidi (Hausa) and Nmanu Aki or Eli Aki (Igbo)
- Eyes make up – Tiro (Yoruba) and Tanjere (Igbo)
- Camwood powder – Osun (Yoruba)
- Efun (Yoruba) and Uze (Igbo)
2. Modern Cosmetics
DIFFERENT BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND MODERN COSMETICS
Traditional cosmetics are cosmetics made with local materials.
Modern cosmetics are cosmetics made with foreign materials and mostly imported materials.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays different types of cosmetics on table including traditional un’, ‘uhie’, or cam-wood (Ibo).
Pupil’s Activities – Identify different types of cosmetics on table including the traditional cosmetics.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
touch and name different cosmetics on the table.