THEME – FOOD AND NUTRITION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Different Types of Foodstuff in the Locality (Primary 3)
TOPIC – FOODSTUFF IN THE LOCALITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Types of Foodstuff in Our Locality
3. Perishable and Non Perishable Foodstuffs
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify different foodstuffs in the locality.
2. group foodstuffs into perishable and non perishable.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Chart on different food stuffs.
2. Raw food stuffs e.g. yam, rice, orange, mango, carrot, millet, maize, meat, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks the pupils to state different kinds of foodstuffs in their locality.
Pupil’s Activities – State different kinds of foodstuffs in their locality.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupils and give a cheer for respond to question. Discuss the classification of foodstuffs into perishable and non perishable for the pupils to able to group the foodstuffs.
FOODSTUFFS IN OUR LOCALITY
8. Irish potatoes
9. Meat, eggs, fish, crayfish, snails, etc.
PERISHABLE FOODSTUFFS | NON PERISHABLE FOODSTUFFS
1. Pepper 1. Rice
2. Fish 2. Garri
3. Meat 3. Beans
4. Vegetables 4. Yam
5. Ripe plantain, etc. 5. Semovita, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Compiles a list of food named.
Pupil’s Activities – Bring food stuffs within their locality to class.
3. Guides pupils to group foodstuffs into perishable and non perishable.
Pupil’s Activities – Group foodstuffs into perishable and non perishable.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. name 10 local food stuff.
2. group the following foodstuffs into perishable and non perishable.