THEME – PERSONAL BELONGINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Care of Personal Belongings Primary 4 (Basic 4) – Home Economics
TOPIC: EFFECTS OF RIGHT CHOICE AND USES OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Right Choice and Personal Appearance
3. Effects of Right Choice and Uses on Personal Appearance
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. differentiate between right choice and personal appearance.
2. state effects of right choice and Uses on personal appearance.
3. attempt 70% (and above) of assessment test correctly.
The pupils can state the reasons they choose some of their personal belongings.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures and charts of some personal and family resources e.g. clothes, combs, money.
2. Some real objects e.g. clothes, plates, iron, radio.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Choice of personal belongings is an act of choosing particular items many alternatives. The choice you made describe what belongs to you.
When choosing items of your choice, be sure it is right and suit your personal appearance.
RIGHT CHOICE (MEANING)
The right choice is an act of deciding what is good and best for you.
MEANING OF PERSONAL APPEARANCE
Appearance is your own personal image that you give out to other people.
The way you dress, you will be addressed. If your personal appearance is good and great, people will respect and treat you well.
Your personal appearance are you totality.
EFFECTS OF RIGHT CHOICE AND USES ON PERSONAL APPEARANCE
1. It make you look beautiful and neat.
2. You will feel cool and comfortable in them.
3. People will admired you because of the way you look.
4. People will compliment you.
5. It will give you a sense of belonging in the midst of people.
LESSON 2 – EFFECTS OF RIGHT CARE ON PERSONAL APPEARANCE
1. It saves money.
2. It is durable.
3. It saves time and money.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides class discussion on the effects of right choice uses and care on personal appearance.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
3. Summary the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupil to:
1. mention 5 effects of right choice uses on personal appearance.
2. mention 4 effects of right care on personal appearance.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ________ are items (things) that are belong to one person.
A. Personal belongings
B. Family belongings
C. Friend belongings
2. ________ is an act of deciding what is good and best for you.
A. Emergency choice
B. Immediately choice
C. Righ choice
3. ________ is your own personal image that you give out to other people.
A. Personal approach
B. Personal appearance
C. Personal application
4. The way you dress, you will be ________.
5. If your personal appearance is good and great, people will respect and treat you well.
6. Personal appearance make you look beautiful and dirty.
7. Personal appearance will make feel cool and comfortable.
8. The effects of personal appearance will make people to admired you because of the way you look.
9. The effects of personal appearance will make people not to compliment you.
5. The effects of personal appearance will give you a sense of belonging in the midst of people.