RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Causes of Road Accidents (Primary 3)
TOPIC – ROAD ACCIDENTS
Effects of Road Accidents
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain road accident.
2. list the effects of road accidents.
Accidents on the road
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Resource persons such as road safety personnel
4. Pupils’ textbooks
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Accident is an unplanned or unexpected events which cause injury or damage of lives and property.
EFFECTS OF ROAD ACCIDENTS
1. Loss of life and properties
2. Permanent disabilities
3. Temporary disabilities
5. Slow down business activities
6. Mental disorder
7. Pain in the body
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
3. Uses guided questions to teach the effects of road accident.
Pupil’s Activities – Gives examples of effects of road accidents.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of road accident.
2. explain effects of road accident.