BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – PRIMARY 3 (BASIC 3)
INSTRUCTION: Answer all the questions.
Answer all the questions in this section.
Choose the correct answer from the options:
1. Which of these is not a unit for measuring length?
2. “ C M “ is the short form of writing.
[a] center meter
[b] centi grade
3. Mass simply means __________________.
4. Time can be measured in these units except __________________.
5. How many minutes are there in 1 hour?
[a] 6 minutes
[b] 60 minutes
[c] 24 minutes
6. Which of these soil types is stiff and sticky?
7. Air in motion is called __________________.
8. __________________ is one of the gases in air.
9. __________________ is the upper most layer of the earth in which plants grow.
10. The mass of an objects is the same as its __________________.
11. The soil used for planting is __________________.
[a] loamy soil
[b] sandy soil
[c] clay soil
12. All these are the objects that float in the water except __________________.
13. Man eats both plants and animals.
14. Living things have life.
[c] Not sure
15. Living things can grow and die.
[c] may be
Attempt all the questions in this section.
1. Define mass.
2a. Define plant and list their examples.
b. List 8 instrument use in measuring kilogram:
3a. Define animals and give their examples.
b. The S. I unit of length is __________________.
4a. What is living things?
b. List the characteristics of MR NIGER D.
5a. Define soil.
b. Mention 3 types soil:
6a. Air means ___________________________________________________.
b. List 3 objects that can float and 3 objects that cannot float in the air:
i. __________________ and __________________
ii. __________________ and __________________
iii. __________________ and __________________