FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – PRIMARY 5 (BASIC 5)
INSTRUCTION – Answer all the following questions.
Answer all the questions in this section.
1. _________________ is a substance for rubbing surfaces to make them shine.
2. A bucket is a _________________.
3. _________________ is an example of home made cleaning agent.
[a] Scouring powder
[c] Tooth paste
4. We make a surface to make it _________________.
[b] smooth and shine
5. _________________ cannot be used to make a cemented surface clean.
[a] water and soap
[b] water and brush
[c] machine and cutlass
6. All these tools can be used to clean surfaces except _________________.
7. House hold pests are _________________ insects and animals.
8. _________________ is not an example of house hold pest.
9. House hold pests often carry and spread _________________.
10. _________________ are chemical substances used to fight and prevent insects.
11. Rats and rodents can cause _________________.
[c] lassa fever
12. _________________ is not a type of surface in the home.
[b] Tarred road
13. _________________ floor is made of mixture of cement, sand, gravel and water.
14. One of the disadvantages of wooden floor is _________________.
15. The last step in the preparation of home made polish is _________________.
[a] bleaching of oil
[b] leaving to cool
[c] addition of grated bar soap
Attempt all the following questions.
1a. Mention 3 advantages of concrete surface:
b. Define concrete surface __________________________________
c. List 2 ways concrete surface can be cleaned:
2a. Define Wooden surface __________________________________________
b. Write 2 advantages of wooden surfaces:
c. Mention 2 reasons for cleaning wooden surface:
3a. What is pest? ___________________________________________________
b. State 2 ways household pest can be prevented:
4. Enumerate 3 effects of pest in the home:
5a. Define bucket ___________________________________________________
b. List 3 materials need in caring for bucket: