THEME: LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – SECOND TERM EXAMINATION ENGLISH STUDIES BASIC 2
TOPIC – Expressing Simple Demands and Requests
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to express simple demands and requests.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Relevant objects
- Relevant pictures of the objects
- Flash cards
- Flannel board
- Approved course book
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
EXPRESSING SIMPLE DEMANDS AND REQUESTS USING APPROPRIATE INTONATION
- Please give me your ruler.
- Can you let me have your ruler, please?
- Would you show me the toilet, please?
- May I look at your bag, please?
- Can I look at your bag, please?
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Presents examples of simple demands and requests.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentively and repeat words and sentences after the teacher.
- Makes sentences with correct intonation.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice making similar simple sentences on their own.
- Asks pupils to make sentences with correct intonation.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Review of earlier week’s work
Pupils to express simple demands and requests.