THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Examination Agriculture Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – LAND
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Land
3. Things Found on the Land
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. touch the ground.
2. identify the ground as land.
3. state what land is.
The pupils can identify land and its used.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of school compound.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
MEANING OF LAND
Land is the solid part of the earth not covered by water.
THINGS FOUND FOUND ON THE LAND
3. Animals – earthworm, ant, goat, etc.
Find out different between swampy and dry land.
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Takes the pupils outside of the classroom and asks them to state 5 things they see within and around them.
Pupil’s Activities – Stones, grasses, houses, cars, animals – goat, chicken, dog, etc.
3. Uses the pupil’s responses to introduce the lesson and explains the meaning of land.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and explain the meaning of land.
3. Mention things found on the land.
Pupil’s Activities – State things found on the land.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. explain what land is.
2. mention 3 things found on the land.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ________ is known as land.
2. ________ is part of the earth.
3. Land is part of the earth that is not covered with ________.
Mention 2 things found on the land.