Features of Computer Parts – Description of the Features of Computer Parts Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Computer Studies
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Features of Computer Parts (Primary 2)
TOPIC – FEATURES OF COMPUTER PARTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Features of Computer Parts
3. Description of Computer Parts
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. Identify each parts of a computer.
2. describe the features of computer parts e.g Monitor (i.e rectangular shape and has a screen and buttons), keyboard, system unit and printer, etc.
The pupils can identify a computer system.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Computer system
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
A computer is an electronic device that works on data.
PARTS OF A COMPUTER SYSTEM
A computer is made of different parts, such as –
1. Computer monitor
2. Computer keyboard
3. Computer mouse
4. Computer speakers
5. System unit
LESSON 2 – DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPUTER PARTS
1. COMPUTER MONITOR
Computer Monitor is part of computer device that show data as pictures.
2. COMPUTER KEYBOARD
Computer Keyboard is used to type in data into the computer.
A keyboard contains letters of the alphabet – A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z.
The keyboard also contains the numbers – 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
It also contains special characters such as @ # ₦ & _ – () = % ” * ‘ : /!? +, etc.
3. COMPUTER MOUSE
Computer Mouse is used to move cursor around the computer screen.
It is used to select, drag and drop, open and execute a program.
It has 3 buttons such as right and left click buttons and scroll button.
4. COMPUTER SPEAKERS
Computer speakers produced an operating sound, music and video sound.
5. SYSTEM UNIT
System Unit is also known as processor.
It is the brain of computer.
Without the system unit, other features of the computer will not work.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays a functional computer system or chart showing a computer system.
3. Lets pupils touch each part of the computer (if functional computer is available) or examine the each to recognize each part.
4. Describes features of major computer parts e.g monitor, system unit, keyboard, mouse, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Touch and identify major parts of a computer such as Monitor, system unit, keyboard, etc.
- Describe features of major parts of computer e.g monitor, system unit, keyboard, mouse, etc.
3. Guides pupils to draw a computer showing major parts.
Pupil’s Activities – Draw a computer showing major parts.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – The Types of Monitor (Primary 2)
Ask pupils to:
1. draw a computer showing major parts.
2. describe features of computer parts.