THEME – FLUENCY
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Notes for English Studies (Primary 2)
TOPIC – READY FLUENTLY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
read different kinds of texts with fluency and confidence.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Texts with illustration on charts
4. Children’s text
5. Pictures and drawings.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Reading different kinds of text:
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of the different texts.
Pupil’s Activities – Read the texts after teacher’s sample reading.
3. Asks pupils to read the texts.
Pupil’s Activities – Recall information in the texts.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
read given texts and recall information in them.