BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning and Types of Monitor (Primary 2)
TOPIC – FUNCTIONS OF COMPUTER MONITOR
1. Introductory Activities
2. Functions of Computer Parts
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify the main functions of computer monitor.
Parts of a Computer
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Computer system
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Engages the pupils in some activities on the computer that will enable the pupils visualize the functions of a computer monitor.
FUNCTIONS OF COMPUTER MONITOR
The main function of computer monitors is to display information or data in image or video.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the functions of monitor the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – State the functions of monitor.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
identify the main functions of monitor.