Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Content of the Desktop and Functions of Each Icon on the Desktop (Primary 5)
TOPIC: FUNCTIONS OF DESKTOP
1. Creating Files with their Names
2. Deleting Files
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Create folders.
2. Delete folders on the desktop.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
functional computer systems.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant links – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note Computer Studies (Information Technology) Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
The desktop is the graphic display or working space on the computer screen.
FUNCTIONS OF DESKTOP
1. Creating folders
- Right – click on a blank space.
- Left – click on the same space. This menu will appear as shown below:
New menu appear beside the first menu
A Folder drop down
- The default name is New folder, enter or rename and enter.
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and allows to create new files with names.
2. DELETING FOLDERS
- Locate the folder on the Desktop
- Right – click on the folder
- Then left – click and select delete
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and allows to delete files.
LESSON THREE – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Demonstrates how to create and delete folders;
Pupil’s Activities – Create and delete folders.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
create a folder with with your name and delete the folder created.