CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD WANTS TO SAVE ALL MEN
PREVIOUS LESSON – GOD CREATES AND WANTS US TO CREATE
TOPIC – GOD CREATED MAN IN HIS OWN IMAGE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to explain what is meant by God creating man, in His own image.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of beautiful things around God created
- Map of the world
- Film – the creation
- GSM phones
- Baskets, tables, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
GOD CREATED MAN IN HIS OWN IMAGE – GENESIS 1:26 – 28
God create all things that man needed before He make man. He create other things before man so that man will not lack anything. Man was a special being because God make him in Him own image.
After creating other things….
26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.
Man has God’s spirit and some intelligence to work with. Man used palm trees to make broom, timber to make furniture, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses how creation demonstrates the love of God to mankind.
- Pupils Activities – Participate in the discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Things created by man
Pupils to explain why God created man in His own image.