God’s Creation are for Man’s Interest Primary 5 (Basic 5) – Christian Religious Studies
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD WANTS TO SAVE ALL MEN
PREVIOUS LESSON – GOD CREATED MAN IN HIS OWN IMAGE
TOPIC – GOD’S CREATIONS ARE FOR MAN’S INTEREST
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – identify the significance of creation as a sign of God’s love to man.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Pictures of beautiful things around God created, Map of the world, Film – the creation, GSM Phones, Baskets, tables, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
GOD’S CREATIONS ARE FOR MAN’S INTEREST
God said, “… dominion…. over
1. Fish of the sea
2. Birds of the air
4. Every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
Man has God’s Spirit and some intelligence to work with. God create all things for man’s interest. Man needs to eat, God provide food, etc.
2. Raw materials
4. Health, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. Revises the previous lesson based on the previous lesson or pupil’s knowledge.
2. Displays chart showing things God created.
3. Lets the pupils discuss how these things are useful for man.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the importance of things created by God to man.
4. Asks pupils to read the Bible verses.
5. Uses the Bible to discuss how creation demonstrates the love of God to mankind.
Pupil’s Activities – State the importance of God’s love to man.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – God created Man in His own image (Primary 5)
Ask pupils to list 10 things created for man’s interest.