Last Updated on November 7, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HEALTHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Importance of Eating Good Foods (Primary 2)
TOPIC – GOOD EATING HABITS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Good Eating Habits
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
Identify and state good eating habits.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Relevant pictures or charts.
2. Samples of foods from the locality.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Tell a short story of a child that always talk whenever he/she is eating and the consequences for not listening to warming.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s story and state Do’s and Don’ts when eating.
Teacher’s Activities – Listen to the pupils, give cheers for listening and contribution, discuss good eating habits.
GOOD EATING HABITS
1. Don’t talk while eating.
2. Don’t rush the food.
3. Don’t eat on the street or road.
4. Wash your hands before and after eating.
5. Use clean plates and cutleries.
6. Sit comfortably to take your meals.
7. Chew your food decently.
8. Drink water before, during or after eating.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss the good eating habits with the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion and state the good eating habits.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision and Examination
State 3 good eating habits.