THEME – FOOD AND NUTRITION AND HEALTH
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – GOOD FEEDING HABITS
1. Good Feeding Habits
2. Practice Good Feeding Habits
3. Cleaning After Eating
4. Effects of Poor Eating Habits
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. mention good feeding habits.
2. practice good feeding habits.
3. clean up the eating place.
4. mention the effects of poor eating habits.
Washing hands before eating.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Colorful posters and charts of persons suffering from the effects of eating too much food, drinking too much fluids.
2. Cardboard, crayon, sheets of paper for them to draw their own pictures.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks the pupils, what is expected of them before and after eating? Note their points on board.
GOOD FEEDING HABITS
1. Washing hands before and after eating.
2. Taking a small quantity of food at a time.
3. Chewing the food properly.
4. Talking if (you have to) without food in the mouth.
5. Clean up the eating place.
BAD FEEDING HABITS
1. Talking while eating.
2. Eating too much.
3. Drinking too much fluid.
EFFECTS OF POOR HYGIENE
1. Inability to grow well.
2. Weakness of the body.
3. Body odour.
4. Mouth odour.
5. Sickness and Diseases
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Discuss good feeding habits.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate good feeding habits.
4. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the effect of poor eating habits.
Pupil’s Activities – Tell stories of the effects of:
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention two good feeding habits.
mention two effects each of:
2. Talking with food in the mouth.
3. Over eating and
4. Taking too much fluids.