RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – HEALTH ISSUES (PERSONAL HYGIENE)
PREVIOUS LESSON – Types of Clothes Suitable Under Different Occupations
TOPIC – WAYS OF KEEPING OUR ENVIRONMENT CLEAN
1. How to keep our dirty clothes clean
2. Items used for keeping our clothes
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. mention ways of keeping our environment clean.
2. state how to dispose the disposals.
3. mention the tools used for leaning the environment.
4. state the uses of each tools.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of picture showing clean and dirty environment.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Civic Education Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Link
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY CLEAN AND DIRTY ENVIRONMENT
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – HOW CAN WE KEEP DIRT ENVIRONMENT CLEAN
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – DEMONSTRATE WAYS OF KEEPING OUR ENVIRONMENT CLEAN
1. Proper disposal of waste.
2. Proper use of the toilet/urinary.
3. Provision of wastes bins.
4. Allowing drains to flow.
5. Clearing a weeping round our surrounding.
LESSON TWO – PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1- MENTION TOOLS NEEDED FOR CLEANING THE ENVIRONMENT
The tools used for cleaning the environment –
2. hard brush
5. Dust pan, etc.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – STATE THE USES OF EACH TOOLS FOR CLEANING THE ENVIRONMENT
As the pupils to mention the uses of each tool used for cleaning the environment, write them on the board.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – DRAW ANY TWO TOOLS USED FOR CLEANING OUR ENVIRONMENT
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks questions to lead pupils to suggest ways of keeping environment clean.
Pupil’s Activities – Respond to teachers questions on the ways to keep our environment clean.
3. Gets the pupils practically involved in different ways of keeping their environment clean.
Pupil’s Activities – Practical involvement in acts of keeping the environment clean.
4. Asks questions to lead pupils to name the tools and their duties.
Pupil’s Activities – Respond to teachers questions on the ways to make use of our tools.
5. Gets the pupils practically to observe the tools.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention three tools used to keep the environment clean.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Third Term Examination (All Subjects)
1. mention three ways of keeping our environment clean.
2. demonstrate three ways of keeping our environment clean.
3. mention some of the tools needed carrying out different cleaning activities.