WEEK 3 – IDENTIFICATION OF OBJECTS
THEME – LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Identification of Person (Primary 1)
TOPIC – IDENTIFICATION OF OBJECTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Objects Identification by Names
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. identify named objects at home, on the way to and from school, and in the school compound.
2. clearly pronounce names of objects.
3. state the uses of some of the objects.
The pupils can identify some of the objects at home and in the school.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Pictures, Charts, Real objects, Brightly coloured picture books.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
OBJECTS WITHIN AND AROUND US
What is this?
✂️ 💡 🗑️ ✏️ ⚽
🔧 🗝️ 🍎 🔦 ✈️
🚗 ⏰ 🛶 ⛪ 🕌
“Show me a cup”. etc.
USES OF OBJECTS SOME OF THE OBJECTS
1. Cup – it is used for drink water, etc.
2. Fan –
3. Pencil –
4. Desk –
5 – Bell, etc.
READING NAMES OF OBJECTS INSIDE THE CLASSROOM AND WITHIN THE SCHOOL COMPOUND
Part 1 – Words
Part 2 – Sentences
This is a cup.
This is a pencil.
This is a fan, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays samples of some common objects within and around us.
3. Lets pupils identify each of the object by name.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify common objects within and around.
4. Helps pupils to identify some of the objects in the classroom and outside the classroom.
3. Associates colours with objects in the classroom.
4. Guides pupils to identify objects of named colours.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify objects with colour in the classroom.
5. Helps pupils to state some of the uses of common objects within and around us.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of common objects.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. identify common objects in the classroom.
2. state the uses of some of the common objects.