PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: MARTIAL ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Introduction to Martial Arts – Meaning (Types) of Martial Arts (Primary 4)
TOPIC – IMPORTANCE OF MARTIAL ARTS
1. Meaning of Martial Art
2. Importance of Martial Arts
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
mention the importance of Martial Arts.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Fitness and Fun, A Physical and Health Education Course for Primary School 4
All Relevant Material
Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Physical and Health Education Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (MARTIAL ARTS)
Martial arts are tough physical skills which are used to overpower any opponent in a physical combat.
IMPORTANCE OF MARTIAL ARTS
1. They help to build the muscles of the chest, arms and body.
2. They help to build strength and stamina.
3. They encourage self confidence.
4. They give an opportunity for self defence.
5. They are means of exercising the body.
6. They can be used for competition.
8. They are sources of entertainment and enjoyment.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. States and explain the importance of Martial Arts;
Pupil’s Activities – State the importance of Martial Arts.
3. Questions and answers;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen, ask and answer questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
mention 4 importance of Martial Arts.