CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
THEME – INTRODUCING VALUE IN CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
TOPIC: IMPORTANCE OF VALUE IN CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
1. Revision on the Meaning of Value in Cultural and Creative Arts
2. The Importance of Value in Cultural and Creative Arts
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
state the importance of value in arts and craft.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
pictures and diagrams showing good values in the Nigerian culture.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – MELROSE CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS BOOK 4
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Value is the acceptable way of life by a group in a particular society.
IMPORTANCE OF VALUE IN ART AND CRAFT AND MUSIC IN THE SOCIETY
Value helps art and craft and music in the following ways:
1. It sets standard about how art is to be practiced.
2. It guides the practice of art by setting rules.
3. It shows how knowledge in art and craft, and music is to be transferred from one generation to other.
4. It helps provide solution to problems about the practice of art and craft and music.
5. It helps art and craft and music to embrace new inventions in the practice, such as improvisation and recycling.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson – examination. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. State the importance of value in arts and crafts and music.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the importance of value.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state four (4) of importance of value in Cultural and Creative Arts.