CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Useful and Quick Links for Second Term Plan Lesson Notes All Subjects Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6
TOPIC: INTRODUCTION TO COLLAGE
1. Meaning of Collage
2. Materials for Making Collages
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. state the meaning of collage.
2. list materials needed for making collages.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
4. Old calendar
5. Plain surface
8. Newspapers, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (COLLAGE)
MEANING OF COLLAGE
Collage is an art work made by putting together pieces of different materials to a flat surface to form a shape.
The procedure involves cutting and gluing different pieces of materials to a flat surface. Sometimes, it does not involve cutting, but putting many whole materials together.
For example, picture collage involves putting many pictures together form a picture.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO CREATE A COLLAGE (PAPER COLLAGE)
Paper collage is an artwork created by putting together different pieces of papers to form shapes using papers.
To create a paper collage you will need:
1. A board
2. Paint or coloring pencils
3. Pencils, markers or pens
4. Gum or glue
6. Newspapers or Magazine Papers
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 1 ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning collage.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the meaning of collage.
3. List materials needed for making collages.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify materials for making collages.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of collage.
2. list five (5) materials for making collages.