PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: MARTIAL ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Useful and Quick Links for Second Term Plan Lesson Notes All Subjects Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION TO MARTIAL ARTS
1. Meaning of Martial Art
2. Types of Martial Art
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. State briefly the meaning of Martial Arts.
2. List types of Martial Arts.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Fitness and Fun, A Physical and Health Education Course for Primary School 4
All Relevant Material
Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Physical and Health Education Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
Content of the Scheme of Work Third Term Physical and Health Education Basic 4
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (MARTIAL ARTS)
Martial arts are tough physical skills which are used to overpower any opponent in a physical combat.
TYPES OF MARTIAL ARTS
There are many different types of martial arts, including:
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and allows pupils to demonstrate one or two martial arts.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 1 ASSESSMENT (TEST)
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation and as demonstrated by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of Martial Arts;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
3. Makes a list of different types of martial arts.
Pupil’s Activities – State different types martial arts.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. State the meaning of Martial Arts.
2. List 3 types of Martial Arts.