CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – JESUS PRAYS TO THE FATHER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 4
TOPIC – JESUS PRAYS TO THE FATHER
1. Jesus encouraged his disciples to pray in faith. Matthew 21:22
2. Jesus taught his disciples the great prayer (i.e. the Lord’s prayer) Matthew 6:1-13
3. Jesus said a prayer of thanksgiving. Luke 22:22
4. Jesus always pray before meals. Mk 3:6
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. emulate the prayer life of Jesus by praying always.
2. lead a short prayer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. The Holy Bible
2. Hymn books
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
THE LORD’S PRAYER
Lead the pupils to say the Lord’s prayer.
JESUS ENCOURAGED HIS DISCIPLES TO PRAY IN FAITH
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
JESUS TAUGHT HIS DISCIPLES THE GREAT PRAYER (i.e. THE LORD’S PRAYER)
Say the Lord’s Prayer
JESUS SAID A PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING
Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to his disciples to distribute to the people. He also divided the two fish among them all.
Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me.
JESUS ALWAYS PRAY BEFORE MEALS
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses how Jesus encourages and teaches his disciples to pray. How he pray with thanksgiving and before meals.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to emulate the prayer life of Jesus by praying always.