CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD PLAN FOR US
PREVIOUS LESSON – THINGS GOD PROVIDES
TOPIC – GOD WANTS US TO WORK
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to define what is work.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Working implements e.g.. hoe, fishing net, wood, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
15 Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it.
THESSALONIANS 3:6 – 13
6. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.
WORK – GENESIS 2:15; 2 THESSALONIANS 3:6 – 13
Work is the efforts put to get something done. Or to accomplish a goal.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses the meaning of work with the pupils.
- Pupil’s Activities – Explain the term, “work”.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Types of work
Pupils to define the term, “work”.