Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD’S PLAN FOR US
PREVIOUS LESSON – GOD SUPPLIES OUR NEEDS
TOPIC – THINGS GOD PROVIDES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to list things God provides for us.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures or drawing of the Israelites picking – manna and quails in the desert, and that of Christ feeding the five thousand.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
THINGS GOD PROVIDES
The air we breathe, water we drink, food we eat, materials for making clothes, building houses, plants for medicines, etc. are all created by God. He gave us power and intelligence to make use of all things. God never stop providing for us.
God provides the following things for us –
- Good Health, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads pupils to mention things God provides for us.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in mentioning things God provides.
- Lists things God provides for us.
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy notes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Things God Provides
Pupils to List 5 things God provides for us.