RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – FAMILY AS A BASIC UNIT OF FAMILY
PREVIOUS LESSON – MEANING OF FAMILY
TOPIC – NUCLEAR FAMILY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify types of family.
- explain nuclear family.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing nuclear family.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Family is made up of father, mother and their children.
TYPES OF FAMILY
There are two types of family.
- Nuclear family
- Extended family
Question 1 – Asks the pupils to identify father, mother and their children on the chart.
Expected response – Father, mother and their children.
Father, mother and their children are called nuclear family.
Nuclear family consists of father, mother and their children.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides the pupils to identify father, mother and their children on the chart.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identifying father, mother and their children on the chart.
- Tells them that father, mother and their are called nuclear family.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify father, mother and their children as nuclear family.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Extended Family
Attempt all the questions
1. The nuclear family consists of father, mother and _________________.
Mention the members of nuclear family.