Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – SHAPES
TOPIC – DRAWING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- name the material used in drawing.
- state types of drawing.
- identify still life objects.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Colored pens
- Sketch pad
- Cardboard sheets
- Drawing boards, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Related Posts – Primary 6 Still Life Drawing
CONTENT OF THE LESSON ONE
Drawing is a form of visual art. It is the act of making pictures of living and non – living things on drawing papers, cardboards, etc. using appropriate materials.
- Charcoal, etc.
TYPES OF DRAWING
There are three types of drawing –
- Still life drawing
- Landscape drawing
- Natural drawing
CONTENT OF THE LESSON TWO
STILL LIFE OBJECT (MAN-MADE OBJECTS)
Still life objects are man – made objects.
STILL LIFE OBJECTS
DRAW STILL OBJECTS
DRAWING AND SHADING SHOWING THE EFFECT OF LIGHT AND SHADE
SETTING STILL LIFE AND NATURAL OBJECT FOR DRAWING
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Names some materials used in drawing.
- Pupil’s Activities – List some materials used in drawing.
- Lists some still life objects.
- Identify some natural objects.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify some still life.
- Asks pupils to draw set still objects.
- Pupil’s Activities – Draw any given still objects.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Colour
1. Name 5 materials used in drawing.
2. Identify the still objects among the following – orange, pencil, rat, easer, television, chalk, bird, man, mango, flower, iron, water.
3. Draw still life objects – chair and table.