CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: THE GOODNESS OF GOD
PREVIOUS LESSON – THINGS MADE BY HUMAN BEINGS
TOPIC – GOD THE HELPER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- list some of the ways God helps us.
- give reasons for God’s help to us.
- mention or explain various ways we can respond to God’s help.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of manner sent from heaven, water comes out of the rock, etc.
- Read and understand these Bible passages: Genesis 1:7; Exodus 17:6; Numbers 11:32; 20:7 – 13; 1 Kings 17:1 – 6; and John 6:10 – 13; 7:18 – 24.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Tells the pupils the story of how God created man and give food and water to the Israelites in the Bible. Also, how Jesus feed 5,000 men with 5 breads and 2 fish.
WAYS IN WHICH GOD HELPS US
God is our creator and help us in many ways. He gave us –
WHY GOD HELPS US
God helps us because:
- He is our Father and our creator.
- We cannot help ourselves.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides the pupils to mention who created them.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention God as their creator.
- Asks them to mention who created the food we eat and water we drink.
- Guides the pupils to discuss what happened to us if there is no food and water.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss with the class what happened if there is no food and water.
- Leads them to mention ways God helps us.
- Pupil’s Activities – List ways in which God help us.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – God help the Israelites.
- Why does God help us?
- In which ways did God help the people of Israel when they were in desert places?
- What did Jesus use to feed the five thousand people?
- In which way has God helped you?