THEME: LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – Oral Composition – Managing Agriculture
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Identify some agricultural practices using correct stress pattern.
- Describe the uses of farm implements using the right grammatical expressions and verbs tense.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Farm implements
- Pictures and cards
- Products of agriculture – crops, eggs, milk, meat, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
TYPES OF AGRICULTURAL PRACTICES
- Dairy farming
- Crop farming
- Subsistence farming
- Plantation farming
- Mechanical farming
THEIR EFFECTS ON DEVELOPMENT
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Provides guided discussion on types of agricultural practices and activities.
- Pupil’s Activities – With guided discussion on types of practices and activities.
- Explains their effects on development.
- Pupil’s Activities – Explain their effect on development.
- Describes the uses of farm implements.
- Pupil’s Activities – Describe the uses of farm implements visit a farm project and make comments on their observation.
- Organizes visit to a farm project.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- List 2 ways of using fertilizer and other farm implement.
- Identify 3 agricultural practices using correct intonation and verb tense.