Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PREVIOUS LESSON – SECOND TERM EXAMINATION ENGLISH STUDIES BASIC 4
TOPIC – Reading a Literary Book – Children’s Novel
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Read a given passage.
2. Mention some of the characters.
3. Use some of the new words in sentences of their own.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Approved literature textbook
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A prose reader –
Skimming for main ideas.
Identify illustrations and amplifications.
Identifying the topic sentences of a paragraph.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Reminds pupils that each paragraph has a topic sentence.
3. Read a given passage from prose reader. Write down the main points and related details.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Read a given passage correctly.
2. Mention some of the characters correctly.
3. Make correct sentences with given words and phrases.