THEME – PROCESSES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Simple Farm Tools for Gathering (Primary 2)
TOPIC – BASIC FARM TOOLS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Maintenance of Simple Farm Tools
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention basic maintenance for simple farm tools.
Simple Farm Tools
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Samples of simple farm tools such as cutlass, sickle, axe, hoe, shovel, spade, hand fork, garden trowel, pick axe, basket, head pan, wheel barrow, garden fork, rake and watering can.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Get two or more simple farm tools that need maintenance for the pupils to identify, describe and mention how to keep those tools back in shape.
Pupil’s Activities – Cleaning, sharpening, waste, etc.
MAINTENANCE OF SIMPLE FARM TOOLS
4. Oiling to avoid rusting.
6. Proper storage in cool dry place.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss maintenance practices of simple farm tools.
Pupil’s Activities – State maintenance practices for simple farm tools.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
mention 5 maintenance practices for simple farm tools