Meaning and Characteristics of A Bad Leader | Problems that may arise from Bad Leadership Primary 5 (Basic 5) – Term 2 Week 1 Civic Education
NATIONAL VALUES EDUCATION
THEME – LEADERSHIP
PREVIOUS LESSON – Exam Questions – First Term Examination Civic Education Primary 5 (Basic 5)
2. Who is a Leader?
3. A Good and Bad Leader
4. Characteristics of A Bad Leader
5. Problems that may arise from Bad Leadership
6. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. differentiate between a good and bad leader.
2. state the characteristics of a bad leader.
3. mention the problems that may arise from bad leadership.
The pupils can identify some of the leaders in their locality.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Picture of Good leaders in the nations and Locality.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4.. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
WHO IS A LEADER?
Leader is the person who leads a group, organization, or country.
Example of a leader are the president, governors, local government chairman, etc.
There are good leaders and bad leaders.
The country with good leaders prosper while with bad leaders, the country suffered.
MEANING OF A GOOD AND BAD LEADER
Good leaderships are some of the leaders of a country that are good.
Bad leaderships are some of the leaders of a country that are bad.
If bad people are allowed to rule a country, the citizens of that country will suffer.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A BAD LEADER
2. Lack of integrity
4. Lack of inspiration
5. Lack of commitment
6. Loss of passion
7. Inability to make proper decisions
9. Lack of accountability
10. Inability to support and share the feelings of another
LESSON 2 – MEANING OF LEADERSHIP
Leadership is an act of leading people to achieve goals.
PROBLEMS OF THAT MAY ARISE FROM BAD LEADERSHIP
A country ruled by bad leaders will have very many problems. Some of such problems include:
1. Mismanagement of scared resources
2. Dissatisfaction among follows.
5. Destruction of life and properties.
6. Poor health due to stress insecurity feelings.
7. Insecurity feeling
8. Mismanagement of scare resources.
9. Ineffective labor force.
LESSON 3 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays chart showing the characteristics of a good leader.
3. Allows the pupils to discuss the each of the characteristic of a good leader with appropriate examples.
Pupil’s Activities – Analyze the characteristics of a good leader wit appropriate examples.
4. Uses their points to introduce the lesson and a lead a discussion on the different between a good and bad leader.
5. Tells the pupils to use the opposite of each characteristic of a good leader to itemize the characteristics of a bad leader with appropriate examples.
Pupil’s Activities – State and analyze the characteristics of a bad leader in their locality.
6. Supports the pupils wit appropriate instances by lead a discussion on possible problems created by a bad leadership.
Pupil’s Activities – State some of the likely problems created by a bad leader with appropriate evidence in their locality.
7. Summarizes each lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the summary and write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Meaning of Government | Forms of Government Primary 5 (Basic 5) – Term 2 Week 2 Civic Education
Teacher asks pupils to:
1. explain the concept of leader and leadership.
2. differentiate between a good and bad leader.
3. state 4 the characteristics of a bad leader.
4. mention 4 problems that may arise from bad leadership.