Meaning and Importance of Personal Security Primary 4 (Basic 4) – Security Education
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – PERSONAL SECURITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Personal Security
3. Importance of Personal Security
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of personal security.
2. state the importance of personal security.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing the importance of personal security.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Security is the state of being free from all dangers or harms at home, in the school or anywhere you are. That’s, feeling safe at all time.
For example, when you at home with the doors or gate are locked and you feel free, safe and relax.
Insecurity is when you are not feeling safe or free from dangers.
MEANING OF PERSONAL SECURITY
Personal security is an extra caution taken to ensure your personal safety at all time.
IMPORTANCE OF PERSONAL SECURITY
1. Personnel security protects you, your family, and properties.
2. Personal security gives you peace of mind.
3. Personal security safeguards you from crimes and criminals.
4. Personal security prevents unwanted guests around your premises.
5. Personal security enables you to defend yourself.
LESSON 2 – REVISION
LESSON 3 – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. Revises the previous lesson based on the pupil’s related knowledge or understanding.
2. Displays a chart showing cctv camera, dog, security guard, etc.
3. Lets the pupils identify the content of the chart.
4. Asks pupils, why people use some these things at home and business.
Pupil’s Activities – State the reasons for using cctv camera, dogs and security guards at home and other places.
5. Uses the chart and the pupil’s responses to introduce the lesson and leads a discussion on the meaning and importance of personal security.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class discussion.
6. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Teacher asks pupils to:
1. differentiate between security and insecurity.
2. explain the meaning of personal security.
3. State 4 importance of personal security.