THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Classification of Vegetables – Leafy and Fruit Vegetables (Primary 3)
TOPIC – OILS AND FATS FOODS
1. introductory Activities
2. Meaning and Names of Oily and Fatty Foods
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
explain and state the names of oily and fatty foods.
Groundnut and palm oil.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts of oily and fatty foods.
2. Energy oily and fatty food stuff specimens.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display samples or chart showing oily and fatty foods. For example, groundnut oil, palm oil, butter, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and state the names of oily and fatty foods.
Teacher’s Activities – Listen to the pupils and note their points on the board and tell them, all foods identified are called OILY AND FATTY FOODS.
LOCAL OILY AND FATTY FOODS
1. Palm oil
2. Groundnut oil
5. Soyabeans, etc.
MEANING OF OILY AND FATTY FOODS
Oily and fatty foods are foods that contain a lot of oils and fats.
Find out 5 uses of oily and fatty foods.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays sample or chart of oily and fatty food.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe the food stuff closely, identify and name.
3. Teachers Activities – Explain oily and fatty foods.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and define oily and fatty foods.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer the questions.
1. _________________ foods are foods that contain a lot of oils and fats.
A. Oily and fatty
B. Palm oil
C. Groundnut oil
2. Groundnut oil, palm oil and bread with butter are example of oils and fats oil.
3. Groundnut oil, palm oil and butter are example of oils and fats oil.
4. What is oily and fatty foods?
Circle or underline oily and fatty foods.
7. Butter, beans and soyabeans
8. Groundnut oil, butter and engine oil
State 3 examples of oily and fatty foods.