Cultural and Creative Arts
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (SSS 1)
TOPIC – PAPER CRAFT USING FOLDING TECHNIQUE
2. Meaning/Definition of Paper Craft
3. Materials and Tools for Folding Techniques
4. Methods of Folding Using Paper
5. Product of Paper Craft
By the end of the lesson, most of the students should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of paper craft.
2. identify the materials and tools for folding technique.
3. list the methods of folding used in paper craft.
4. produce a paper craft e.g. kite, greeting card, hand fan.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
3. Crepe paper
5. Colours, Gum, Scissors, Ruler, etc
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. National Curriculum for SSS Classes
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Craft is an activity that involves special skill of making things by hand. It is also the making of useful things like beads, decorations, hand fans, crown, embroidery, etc.
MEANING OF PAPER CRAFT
Paper craft is a collection of crafts using paper or cardboard for the creation of two or three-dimensional objects.
Paper or cardboard can be folded, curved, bent, cut, glued, molded, stitched, or layered.
MATERIALS AND TOOLS FOR MAKING PAPER CRAFT
3. Crepe paper
5. Colours, Gum, Scissors, Ruler, etc.
METHODS OF FOLDING IN PAPER CRAFT MAKING
2. Triangular folding
PAPER CRAFT PRODUCTION
2. Greeting card
3. Hand fan
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions; then, the teacher –
2. Explains the meaning of Paper Craft.
Student’s Activities – Define paper craft.
3. Displays materials used in Paper Craft production.
4. Demonstrates method used in making Paper Craft namely pleating, rectangular and triangular folds.
Student’s Activities – Listen and watch demonstrations of methods used in making paper craft.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Student’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask students to:
1. identify materials and tools for paper folding.
2. list method of folding in paper craft.
3. use any of the methods to produce a named Paper Craft.