THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – How/Ways to Make Water Clean | Mid Term Test (Test) for Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Agriculture Link
TOPIC – FOOD
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Food
3. Names of Food We Eat
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. State what food is.
2. Give examples of local food items.
The pupils can identify different kind of food we eat in our community.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing different food in our community.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I draw. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display chart showing two or more food for the pupils to identify and give examples of food in their community.
Pupil’s Activities – Rice, bean, bread, etc.
Teacher’s Remarks – Correct. There are different kinds of food in our community. We eat food to grow and stay healthy. Discuss the meaning of food with them and write on the board.
MEANING OF FOOD
Food is the items eaten by people and animals in order to live.
Aks the pupils to state the food eaten by people and animals.
EXAMPLES OF FOOD ITEMS EATEN BY PEOPLE
7. Guinea corn
9. Animals, fish, egg, etc.
LESSON 2 – EXAMPLES OF FOOD ITEMS EATEN BY ANIMALS
Examples of food eaten by animals –
2. cassava peel
3. Cassava leaves
4. Yam peel
5. Some other food eaten by people, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of food.
3. Mention some food items animals feed on in their homes.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Mention some of their local food items.
- Mention some food items animals feed on in their homes.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask the pupils to –
1. State what food is.
2. Name 6 local foodstuffs.
3. List 6 food items eaten by animals in their homes.
MID TERM TEST
1. ____________ is the items eaten by people and animals in order to live.
2. Food is the items eaten by ____________ in order to live.
A. people and animals
B. people and fish
C. man and woman
3. Food is the items eaten by people and animals in order to ____________.
4. Cassava peel is the food eaten by ____________.
5. Pounded yam is the food eaten by ____________.
6. Animals are meats eaten by ____________.
Name 2 local foodstuffs.
List 2 food items eaten by animals in their homes.