THEME – HEALTH HABITS
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – GOOD HEALTH HABITATS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Good Health Habits
3. Ways of Maintaining Good Health Habits
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. say the meaning good health habits.
2. mention ways of maintaining good health habits.
3. smile and learn.
Brushing teeth and bathing
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing children taking bath, bushing, washing hands after toileting, washing hands before and after eating, etc
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays chart showing different children with characters of personal hygiene for children to identify and describe each child’s activity on the chart.
Listen to children and give cheer for the work well done. Relate the activities described as Good Health Habits and tells them the meaning of good habits.
MEANING OF GOOD HEALTH HABITS
Good health habits are acceptable ways for healthy living.
Note – Support the children to be say the meaning of good health habits.
WAYS OF MAINTAINING GOOD PERSONAL HEALTH
1. Brush your teeth.
2. Taking your bath daily.
3. Eating good food.
4. Eating balanced diet.
5. Drinking good and clean water.
6. Exercise regularly.
Hint – Cultivate the habit of regular exercise with the pupils for 5 – 10.
7. Take good rest.
8. Sleep well.
9. Wash your hand before and after eating.
10. Wash your hands after toilet.
11. Stay safe
12. Play safe
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Says the meaning of good habits.
Pupil’s Activities – Say the meaning of good habits.
3. Asks the pupils to mention ways of maintaining good health habits.
Pupil’s Activities – State ways of maintaining good health habits.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Answer the following questions.
1. ___________________ are acceptable ways for healthy living.
A. Good health habits
B. Bad health habits
2. Good health habits are acceptable ways for ___________________.
A. healthy living
B. Personal living
3. Eating good and balanced diet are good health habits.
4. Play safe is not one of the good health habits.
5. It is important that you wash your hand after toileting.
6. When should we brush our teeth?
7. When should we take our bath?
8. What kinds of water should we drink?
9. Show us how to brush your teeth.
10. What is good health habits?
All questions are oral questions.