BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Computer Monitor | Types of Computer Monitor | Uses of Computer Monitor Primary 4 (Basic 4) – Computer Studies
TOPIC – PRINTER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Printer
3. Types of Printer
4. Uses of Printer
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
1. Define the term printer.
2. List types of printer
3. State the uses of printer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Functional computer systems.
2. Chart shows different types of printer.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
6. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display a complete functional computer (if available) or a chart showing a computer connected with a printer for the pupils to identify and guide them to print documents or pictures.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify printer and follow the teacher’s instructions to print documents or imagines.
Teacher’s remark – Good job. A printer is an output device. Discuss an ask the pupils, what is a printer? What are the uses of printer? Support and summary on the board.
MEANING OF PRINTER
Printer is an output device that allows a user to print items on paper, such as letters and pictures.
USES OF PRINTER
The main uses of printer is for printing out documents or images for
1. Personal use
2. Business purpose
3. General use such as banner, signpost, graphic design, educational programs, invitation cards, etc.
LESSON 2 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart showing different types of printer for the pupils to differentiate based on their physical features.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the distinctive difference among the printers.
Teacher’s remark – All these devices are printers. They are used for different purposes. Listen and discuss the different types of printer. Write on the board.
TYPES OF PRINTER
There are many types of printer –
1. Laser Printers
2. Solid Ink Printers
3. LED Printers
4. Business Inkjet Printers
5. Home Inkjet Printers
6. Multifunction Printers
7. Dot Matrix Printers
8. 3D Printers.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the pupils to print and describe the uses of printer.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe the uses of printer.
3. Lists and discuss different types of printer.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
4. Summary the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Computer as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. What is a printer?
2. What is the different between photo printer and other printers?
3. What is multifunction function?
4. Differential between black/white and color printer.