Members of the Community and their Roles Primary 2 (Basic 2)
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Types of Community – Traditional, Modern and School Community Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – COMMUNITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Members of the Community and their Roles
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. mention members of the community.
2. state the roles of members of the community.
The pupils can identify and state people in the community.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pupils’ textbooks
4. Video clips
5. Drama of different communities
6. Members of the class.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information – Members of Community (Primary 2)
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – A community is a group of people living in a given place. Display charts showing different people in the community and guide the pupils to identify and state people in their community begin from their home.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify their family, neighbours and some people in the street.
Teacher’s remark – There are many people in our community and these people are known as members of our community. Note the people mentioned and other on the board. A great cheer for active participation.
MEMBERS OF COMMUNITIES
A community is a group of people living in a given place. People in a given community are –
1. Father – The head of the family.
2. Mother – the caretaker of the family.
3. Siblings – Children in the house.
4. Uncles – Members of the family.
5. Aunties – Members of the family.
6. Community Leaders – Baale, Chief, Obi, Emir, etc.
7. Law enforcement – police, army, LASTMA, etc.
Find out the roles of the members of the community.
LESSON 2 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Each member of the community is an active member which has individual and collective responsibility to his/her community. Guide the pupils to state the roles of the members of the community.
ROLES OF MEMBER OF COMMUNITY
1. Community development
3. Payment of taxes and dues
4. Training the young ones
5. Taking part in communal work.
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
Find out from their parents the rules in their community and report back to the class.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify the members of their community and to state their roles.
Pupil’s Activities – State the members of the community and their roles.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Rules in the Community Primary 2 (Basic 2)
Ask pupils to:
1. identify 5 members that constitute a community.
2. state 3 roles of members of the community.