TOPIC: Discount and Commission
- Lesson One – Discount
- Lesson Two – Further Practice on discount
- Lesson Three – Commission
- Lesson Four – Quantitative Reasoning/Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to solve problems involving discount and commission.
Discount is the amount of money that is removed or taken off the actual cost of goods when you buy in large quantities. Commission is the amount you receive for every increase in sales of goods.
The more goods you buy, the more discount you get. The more goods you sold, the commission you get.
The concept of discount is needed for the pupils to understand and appreciate the advantages of buying in bulk. Also, the concept of commission is needed to understand and appreciate the benefits of increase in sales.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of shopping corner with price tags.
The pupils have knowledge of buying and selling and know places or shops where goods are sold as lesser price.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – DISCOUNT
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – FURTHER PRACTICE ON DISCOUNT
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – COMMISSIONS
[wpedon id=”4184″ align=”center”]
Was this lessons helpful?