Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
ENGLISH STUDIES – SPEECH
TOPIC: Children’s Novels
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Skim in reading passage.
- Read silently without moving head or lips.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Course book
- Supplementary readers
- Books from library
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
EXTENSIVE READING USING CLASS READERS, SUPPLEMENTARY READERS, BOOKS FROM SCHOOL LIBRARY, CITY LIBRARY OR CENTRAL LIBRARY
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English 5
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Encourages pupils to keep a record of books they read, recording (the title of the book, the name of the author, a short summary of the story) their favorite or most interesting character in the book.
- Pupil’s Activities – Read for the skimming.
- Supervises the record and sign it.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice reading silently without moving the head or lips.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Skim in reading passages accurately.
- Read silently without moving head or lips