Last Updated on September 17, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – CULTURAL AND SOCIAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Marriage Practices in Nigeria – Functions of Marriage Individual Lives and Community (Primary 3)
TOPIC – OBJECTS USED IN MARRIAGE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Objects used in Marriage
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention the objects used in contracting marriage.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures of husbands and wives. (Couples).
2. Pictures or photographs that shows types of marriages.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTORY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays some objects used in Marriage (if available) or chart showing objects used in marriage ask the pupils to compare with their assignment.
OBJECTS USED IN MARRIAGE CEREMONIES
1. Palm wine
2. Kola and bitter nuts
3. Food items
7. Palm oil
8. Wedding gown
11. Bible or Quran, etc.
Different objects are used by different group in Nigeria. Find out objects used in marriage by –
1. Yoruba, for for pupils that are Yoruba
2. Igbo, for pupils that are Igbo
3. Hausa, for pupils that are Hausa
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Each of objects used in marriage is a symbol among cultural practices in Nigeria, discusses what each symbolize with the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. describe how marriage is contracted.
2. write any two objects used in contracting them.