Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TOPIC: Observation and Naming of Objects Based on Colours, Shapes and Sizes
- By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to observe and name colours, shapes and sizes of common objects. [mediator_tech]
The pupils are required to already have learned to the sense of sight (eyes)
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Coloured pencils and crayon.
- Wooden blocks of different sizes, shapes and colours.
METHOD OF TEACHING
- Discussion [mediator_tech]
- Questions and answers
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information [click]
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
- IDENTIFICATION OF DIFFERENT COLOURS
The Basic Colours are Red, Green, Yellow and Blue.
- IDENTIFICATION OF DIFFERENT SHAPES
- IDENTIFICATION OF DIFFERENT SIZES
- Identify Colours, Shapes and Sizes of Objects in Classroom, School and Home.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Provides and helps pupils to identify different colours;
- Pupil’s Activities – Work with coloured pencils and crayons.
- Provides and helps pupils to identify different shapes and sizes;
- Pupil’s Activities – Collect and identify objects of different shapes and sizes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to identify and match objects based on colours, shape, and size.