TOPIC: PASSAGE ABOUT SELF OR OTHER MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY, STRESSING THE ROLES OF INDIVIDUALS MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. read fluently.
2. read with correct speech flow.
3. read to obtain information.
4. read to differentiate the roles of individual family members.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Course book
2. Pictures or a group photograph of a family.
3. Sentences strip
4. Flash cards
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PASSAGE ABOUT MOTHER, FATHER, SISTER, BROTHER, UNCLE, AUNT, COUSIN, NEPHEW NIECE AND THEIR ROLES.
REFERENCE PASSAGE – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English 5
Module 14 Page – 58A and B
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to read fluently and correctly by drilling the new structures to be used, given a model reading of the passage, listening to the pupil’s efforts.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher attentively. Practice orally new structure introduced by the teacher. Read the given passage fluently using the correct stress, intonation and pronunciation.
Pupil’s Activities – Write down the points in the passage read.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. read the given passage.
2. identify correctly the different roles of family members.